If you hurt your feet, it may be difficult to exercise, to take care of responsibilities at home, and to even get around.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these suggestions to help keep your feet healthy and pain free :
- Beware of foot pain, it may be serious. and see a doctor if your feet bother you at all.
- Look for any abnormalities on your feet or toenails.
- Keep feet and toes clean and dry, and toenails trimmed straight across.
- Choose sturdy, comfortable shoes that fit well.
- Avoid walking around in bare feet.
- Change your shoes frequently.
- If you are diabetic, you should get an annual foot exam.